Let's pretend we're on a speed date. Right now. Think of it as a getting to know each other exercise. (your hair looks lovely by the way). we've just started talking, getting on well, had a few laughs but it's still a bit awkward. I don't really know you and you don't know me; you've probably been dragged here by your mate and didn't even want to come. Then you utter the question I hate the most; "So, tell me about yourself?"
How am i supposed to tell someone that I spend my free time looking at cat pictures on the internet?
I'm not into sports; to me, the Superbowl is something you can fit a whole bag of Doritos into. I'm not in a theatre group; my best marks in A level Drama came from playing a man and never knew whether to be flattered or insulted. I don't know how to cook anything without a microwave. My hobbies involve spending hours in book stores, geeking out about star wars, trying not to be a wimp on left for dead 2, creating outfits that show how terrible my fashion sense really is and stalking pugs. At university, i was probably known for writing terrible poetry and making the class discuss it.
Apparently a first impression can be made in one tenth of a second, and if you're still reading this, hopefully i'm making a good one. This is going to be my scrapbook blog around writing.
So if you want to stick around to see me again, follow me. (but not in the sense that you find out where i live)
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment